Junior Industrial Designer
What we're looking for
We work in a small, transparent, collaborative environment. You'll not only learn how to develop your skills as a designer you'll also get an insight into the inner workings of a design agency.
Junior designers at Prime Studio work on many aspects of our projects - from brand positioning to consumer research to product design and structural packaging so you should feel comfortable that your skillset will allow you to do contribute in many areas. We're looking for an all-rounder not a specialist. You'll also be client-facing from day one so presentation skills - both graphically and verbally are important.
If this role sounds appealing then we'd like to meet you.
PLEASE NOTE : IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS JOB POSTING ON GLASSDOOR.COM THEN PLEASE APPLY TO US DIRECTLY USING THE INFORMATION BELOW. DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE GLASSDOOR SITE.
You Should Have
- At least a couple of internships under your belt, preferably in an agency environment.
- A hands-on approach and an ability to develop concepts through 2D sketching and different prototyping methods.
- A good working knowledge of both Solidworks and Keyshot software. We're not looking for a CAD jockey but you should know your way around a model tree.
- A keen eye for graphics and well-developed visual presentation skills.
- An excitement for the startup scene and the desire to help clients realize their vision.
- An interest in materials and understanding of Design for Manufacture. We want to see your projects hit the store shelves not just a concept board.
What's in it for you
- The chance to learn what it takes to be a professional designer in an established studio.
- An opportunity to hone your skills and build new ones. We remember what its like at the start of your career and we'll take the time to help you grow as a designer.
- The chance to be client facing with both established brands and innovative startups.
- The opportunity to work on projects in a wide variety of markets.
We offer competitive salaries, a generous vacation package, healthcare benefits and a 401K. We can talk specifics when we meet. You will need to be legally qualified to work in the USA.
Send your resume, a PDF of your work samples and an explanation of why you think you'd be a good fit to email@example.com and use the subject line "Junior Industrial designer". Please keep your attachments under 5MB. Remember - this is your first opportunity to impress.
Posted on 12/13/19 : No deadline for application.